Every car owner in the UK knows about a class 4 MOT test. If you are a private car owner and your car is more than three years old, you must run it through an MOT test every year to see if it is road worthy and whether it adheres to all the emission guidelines. Every vehicle which is heavier than 450kg falls under the law to earn a VT20 certificate to prove that it follows the rules.
MOT is a unique test as it focuses more on your car’s safety and emission standards than its working components and systems.
Whenever you visit GT Autos, our team of expert technicians will inspect your car thoroughly for its functionality. Also, for MOT test Dundee, we now take priority bookings, so that you don’t have to wait in a line for the much-needed certification.
What does an MOT test at GT Autos look like?
Whenever you bring your car for a class 4 MOT in GT Autos, Dundee, you will notice our mechanics inspecting a host of components before handing you a certificate. We strictly follow the official guideline to make sure you and your loved ones stay safe during your daily commute.
Some of the components that we inspect are –
- Body and structure: Your car's entire chassis is checked to ensure that there is no loose part or anything that is sticking out. The entire car chassis must maintain its original construction.
- Fuel and exhaust systems: Exhaust emissions of your vehicle must abide by the present standards of the UK’s Ministry of Transportation. It should not emit any noxious gases, and it must follow VOSA guidelines.
- Seats and seatbelts: Faulty seatbelts are the reason why many accidents end up in fatalities. That’s why we, GT Autos, inspect all restrainers of your vehicle when you come for a class 4 MOT test.
- Lights: Both the headlights and tail lamps must be intact and visible, even in harsh weather. We also measure the headlight’s beam to ensure it does not directly fall on an incoming car, effectively blinding the driver.
- Horn: Your vehicle’s horn must be loud enough to warn any other driver or pedestrian near you. However, they should not cross a certain level of loudness as it can create noise pollution (limit enforced by VOSA).
- Registration plates and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): Every car’s registration plates must be printed in bold letters and attached firmly to the body. Also, they should be visible from at least 20 feet away. The VIN plate must be firmly attached to your car’s chassis or engraved on a non-removable part.
- Electronics and suspension: Your car comes with an array of sensors and computers to help you detect any malfunction with its systems. Under our MOT check at Dundee, we inspect every one of them to make sure that they are working as it should.
- Brakes: At GT Autos in Dundee, we put extra emphasis on your car’s brakes. They are an important system, creating a barrier between a safe drive, and a catastrophic accident. That’s why it is mandatory to have a proper set of brakes for passing an MOT Dundee.
- Tyres and wheels: Your car’s tyres and wheels must be in a good state to ensure your safety on the road. All four tyres must have at least 1.6mm of tread depth, and should not have any tear or cut deeper than 20mm. Also, rims should not be rusty or cracked.
- Windscreen and wipers: To clear a class 4 MOT test, your car’s windscreen must be clean, and obstacle free. Also, there should not be any cracks in it. Wipers should have thick blades, and they should work properly.
Visit us today –
So if you are looking for an affordable and trustworthy car garage on which you can count on for your car’s next MOT test, visit GT Autos at Dundee today. We are certified to perform the entire range of tests to make sure your vehicle is safe for the roads. Furthermore, all our services are offered at an attractive price, and we take priority bookings so that you don’t have to wait in a line for the service.